- The Life Science Dictionary Project (LSD Project), founded in 1993, is a research project to develop a systematic database for Life Science terms and on/off-line tools for the convenience of Life Scientists. Our services are designed to provide and encourage access within the scientific community to the most up-to-date and comprehensive English-Japanese translation information on Life Science terms.
- LSD Project has been supported by Grants-in-Aids from MEXT and JSPS, and by research grants and donations from some companies.
Notice specific to on-line services available on this web site
- LSD Project makes available on-line dictionaries (Service) via the Internet.
- Anyone who accesses the Internet can use the Service without charging for it.
However, LSD Project reserves the right to charge fees for access to and use of the Service .
- The Service and its contents are protected by copyright law.
The outputs from Services are intended for your personal use at your own risk.
You may not modify, sale, or create new works from the content.
Written permission is required to publish or distribute the documents or images taken from our Service if you charge for it.
- LSD Project reserves the right to change, suspend, limit, or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
LSD Project may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
Notice specific to software that can be downloaded from this web site
- LSD Project makes available free-for-download dictionaries and tools (Software) via the Internet.
- Any Software that is made available to download from this server is the copyrighted work of LSD Project.
Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement which accompanies or is included with the Software.
- You can use, change, or merge the contents of Software only for personal use at your own risk.
The changed or merged Software must not be distributed, gifted, or sold.
- You are allowed to redistribute original Software to anyone you want, as long as you do not charge for itself.
Public or commercial utilization of Software (for example, uploading to anonymous ftp or commercial BBS, a company LAN installation, attachment in a CD-ROM, and so on) needs a written permission of LSD Project
Disclaimer of Liability
- For services, documents, dictionaries and tools available from this server, LSD Project does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed.
Feedback and Information
- If you have questions or problems, you will contact us by sending e-mail to
We will contact you by sending e-mail to the address you provide to us, or by posting a notice on the server.
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential.
LSD Project is free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
- Some LSD Project pages may provide links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of web users.
LSD Project is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does LSD Project endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other web sites.